Thursday, March 8, 2012

MY PLANS FOR MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS (Letter to a friend)

Dear Maria,
How are you? I'm fine.
You know that I live in the north of spain, so my plans for every summers are go to the beach with my family. Sometimes we choose Benidorm, because it always have sun and the weather is hot. This year, we are going to change our plans. My husband, Pedro has his holidays in August, so we are going on holidays in that month.

We have two children and we are like children, we love seeing Mikey. So, this year we are going too far, we are going to Disneyland Paris for fifteen days.

We are going to go by train, because the plane is very expensive and the travel in the car is very long. In Paris we are going to stay in David Croquet cabin, we aren't going to the hotel because the meal in Paris isn't good and in David Croquet cabin, we can cook, have breakfast, lunch...and the children are more happy. There is  a TV and the children can play in the garden, near to the cabin.

David Croquet cabins have two bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom and bathroom.

Do you want to go with us?

I hope your answer

See you later
Esti

8 comments:

  1. My mistakes:
    my plans are going to the beach....
    we are going to go too far
    We aren't going to stay in a hotel---> No vamos a ir un hotel
    do you want to come with us?? --> para decir quieres venir con nosotros??
    ¿Estoy en lo cierto?? o ¿estaba mejor antes???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Esti,

    Your corrections are all right (except: going to go), but there are some more mistakes. You write Spain with capital letter (con mayúscula). Every summer = cada verano (singular). Benidorm is always sunny (No: Benidorm have sun = Benidorm tienen (pl.) sol.). "On holiday" (singular después de la preposición "on".) Note the spelling of Mickey Mouse; you "watch" a film or a cartoon. We are going very (not: too = demasiado) far. "Going to go" is grammatically correct, but nobody says it. For verbs of movement you use the present continuous to express "futuro inmediato". (Se trabajará más adelante).

    Now I've corrected paragraphs 1 and 2 of the letter. Can somebody in the "class" help me? If not, I'll be back later to correct the rest.

    Kind regards,
    Ann Thorsson TAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esti and Ann¡¡
    I thing that Esti's post is very good and I want to go with us to Disneyland¡¡
    I am not sure but I think that the children is not correct I think is only children without the, is possible? The same for the meal, I thing is only meal, not the meal.
    Another correction I think is " at David Croquet's cabin" not "In David Croquet cabin".
    Well I am very happy to learn English with us¡¡
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I writte thing when I wanted writte think¡¡
    By for now¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Ana, thanks for your corrects but I'm not sure that it is correct.
      The children--> los niños. If we can say "two children", I can say "the children" too. ¿No Ann??? Module 8 dialogue 2 situation 4-->I'm raising money for the children.
      If "the meal" is OK, I don't know but I think that you are right.
      I have written "livingroom" instead of "living room".
      I don't know if "the children are more happy" to say " los niños están mas felices" is ok.
      And I don't know if I have to put " have lunch"too.
      Thanks a lot Ana G and Ann.
      Esti

      Delete
    2. Hello Ana, I think that "write" is only with one T and, I have written, with two TT.
      Kind regards
      Esti

      Delete
  5. Hello Esti and Ana,

    "To travel" is a verb. Use: trip or journey. It's not meal (horario de comidas", but "food" (lo que comemos, y sí lleva artículo). You stay at a hotel, so it could be at David Crocket's cabin. The children are happier (not: more happy). They play near (not: near to) the cabin. You have luch, dinner etc., but the flat has a living-room, a bathroom, a kitchen etc.
    I am looking forward to your answers. = Espero vuestras respuestas con ilusión.
    Ana, I want to go with you (not: us)= vosotros, Ustedes, contigo, con Usted. You can write: livingroom or living-room.

    Kind regards,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete