Monday, April 2, 2012

DESCRIBING MY DAILY ROUTINES


I wake up early every day. On weekdays I wake up at seven o'clock, I take a shower and then I have breakfast. But, I take only a coffee because in the morning I don't have hungry. Then I prepare children's clothes and I go to work. Children have breakfast and go to school with their father.
I drive to work for twenty minutes from Sopuerta to Portugalete.

I work at Santa María School, so at eight o'clock I have time to make copies for kids, because they come to school at eight thirty. In this moment starts my first class and the last class finishes at four thirty in the evening.

From a quarter to two until three thirty I have time to eat. Sometimes I eat at school but one day a week I go out to eat with my workmates.

At five o'clock I pick up my children at their school. It is in Muskiz, between Portugalete and Sopuerta.

On Tuesday and Thursday we usually go to the swimming pool, from a quarter after five until seven o'clock in the evening, so we get home at a quarter after seven. My oldest son does his homework while I cook dinner, then we eat it together, and then the children go to bed.

On Mondays, Wednesday and Friday in the evening we are playing in the park with other children from five o'clock until seven o'clock. Then we get home and...

At night from nine thirty until eleven o'clock I study English and then I go to bed.

On weekends, I wake up early too, but not at seven o'clock in the morning, at eight o'clock. Weekends are amazing, I have time to play with kids, to go out with them...

I like my job but I love weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Esti, Very good and very long, but there are some mistakes. Especially with the definite article. In English you do not use it when you talk in general, for example: Boys (in general) are noisy, but: the boys at my school are noisy. I have a shower, breakfast, a coffee ("take" only in some dialects). I am hungry. No tienes ni hambre, ni sed ni miedo = estás habrienta, sedienta y asustada. The children = los niños, los míos. The kids = los de mi escuela. At (not in) this mmoment ... A quarter past (not: after) five. In the evening we play (not: playing) in the park (presente habitual - para hábitos). I love weekends (plural).
    Regards,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, in the module 6 situation 1 words, we have: take a shower and a quarter after, so, that's crazy.

    King regards
    Esti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esti,
    As I said you can hear "take a shower" or "take a coffee" in certain dialects as in Ireland, for example. American English is closely related to Irish as many immigrants came from Ireland and our Burlington method is more American than British, though sometimes they mix both. Honestly, I can't remember hearing "a quarter after" instead of "a quarter past", but the explanation is the same.
    Kind regards,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete