Monday, April 30, 2012

Go shopping


Hello Pepa,
I’m going to buy food to the supermarket right now. We need some things to eat this evening because we have a party with our friends. Do you remember it? I cannot bring all of them, so I need your help. I’m going to buy some things to make a salad, like tomatoes, some lettuce, onions… but we also need meat and fish and something for dessert. Can you bring some meat and fish? And can you bake a good chocolate cake?
I’m going to buy a tablecloth and napkins, too. We don’t have anything to drink, so I’m going to buy some bottles of Coca-Cola, wine, beer…
I think that it is all.
Good shopping!!!
See you later!

Esti

3 comments:

  1. Hello Esti,

    Your text is very good, no mistakes except the title, it should be "going shopping" = ir de compras ("going" funciona como verbo sustantivado - el hecho de ir de compras. "Go shopping" means ¡Vete de compras!

    Kind regards,
    Ann Thorsson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, at this moment it is that I need, because the first exam is on Monday, May 21st, and I am very nervous, I don't know why.
    Thanks a lot again
    Esti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Esti,

    I don't think you should be nervous, I'm sure you'll do very well. I have found another little mistake in your last text. You say: I'm going TO the supermarket (movement); but I'm going to buy food AT the supermarket (no movement). You can also say: I'm going to the supermarket to buy food.

    Kind regards,
    Ann Thorsson

    ReplyDelete